Open Class Exhibits
Exhibit Hall will accept items made for two years, 2020 and 2021.
Superintendent: Sheilah Jones, 970-724-9068 Twila O'Hotto, 970-724-3302
Laureen Jesmer Myers Award: Given to People's Choice. Exhibit Hall visitors may vote on the entry of their choice.
Rosie O'Hotto Award: Given to the exhibitor who enters the most.
All entries must be from Grand and Summit counties and must have been completed since August 1, 2019. Registration of Exhibit Hall Entries is on Tuesday, August 2, 2021, from 10 am to 8 pm.
Exhibit Hall Age Divisions
Participation Class - 1 - 4 years old, no entry fee
Participation Class - 5 -7 years old, no entry fee
Junior Class - 8-12 years old
Intermediate Class - 13 -17 years old
Open Class - 18 and over
Senior Citizen 65 or over by request only
Professional Classes - exhibitors having sold over $300 worth of work professionally, by trade, in the last year
Exhibit Hall Rules
1. There will be a fifty cent (.50) entry fee for each article entered in the Open Classes, excepting the Participation Classes, 1-7 years old. This does not include school exhibitors or 4-H. Each exhibitor is responsible for registration.
2. All entry fee tags will be filled out by each exhibitor. All entries must be tagged by an exhibit hall worker.
3. All exhibits must be clean and neatly displayed or may be disqualified before judging.
4. All registered articles will be judged at the judges' discretion as to the award placing.
5. If there are three similar items that are not listed in the fairbook, a class may be made and they will be judged.
6. There will be a minimum of two entries per person per class.
7. It is very important to follow the instructions for Preserved Foods, see instructions preceding Division 10.
8. All artwork, including children's, MUST be ready to display. This can include framing and mounting.
9. All photography smaller than 8 x 10 must be backed only, no frames. Photos 8 x 10 or larger can be matted and framed or backed. Backing is strongly recommneded for all photography. Backing may be tagboard, construction paper or matting.
10. All ribbons and exhibits must be picked up between 1 pm and 3 pm on Sunday.
11. Overall Grand Champion and Overall Reserve Grand Champion will be awarded in all categories at the judges' discretion.
Categories include: Food, Preserved Foods, Agriculture Products, Gardening, Sewing, Quilting, Crocheting/Knitting, Needle/Fancy Work, Jewelry/Leather Work/Braiding, Pottery/Sculpture, Hobbies, Crafts, Building Sets, Photography, and Art.
A blue, red and white ribbon will be awarded in each class at the judges' discretion. Cash prizes for first, second and third are two dollars, one dollar and seventy five cents respectively. All children ages 1-7 will receive a participation ribbon.
12. The Exhibit Hall is not responsible for theft or breakage.